Saturday, August 2, 2008

5 days down, 13,995 to go.....

That is if I retire at the age of 65. Orientation this week can be described by a word that I have not used since the very first week of college: BORIENTATION. Nice to know all the policies and procedures, but when the room is cold and there is no candy, things get a little tough to handle and I become ADD. Yesterday I went scrub shopping with TLewer, RN and for the next four days I intend on being a big bum. I do really want to go to the art fair though, maybe tomorrow. On Wednesday I went to see Yeasayer at the Uptown Urban Outfitters with Lafans which was pretty much awesome and I would see them again in an instant---with some earplugs. On the way back to my car I found some pretty damn adorable apartments on Lagoon but was quickly disappointed when I later looked online and found they were around $850 a month. I don't need to spend that much on a 1 bedroom....
Convenient free concert located in one of my favorite shopping areas.





On Thursday (after work) I trekked it through afternoon rush hour to north Minneap for a political candidate screening for Take Action Minnesota. Very informative and the snacks were yummy. Oh yeah, Al Franken was there too.



In other news, I'm very excited not to work for the next three days, but also pumped to start being a real nurse! My first rotation is on the Oncology floor so we'll see how that goes. In my downtime, I will also be checking Craigslist every day for new apartment openings and periodically delving into the Twilight series, my new literary obsession.

No comments: