Tuesday, August 26, 2008

glorious wonderful beauteous lovely THINGS!

Things are really falling into place for me nowadays. Work is going great, I think I'm doing pretty well and my preceptors all think so too, so despite the stress and constant pressure and nonstop action every 7-3:30 or 3-11:30 shift, I'm having a great time. My preceptor today told me I'll "go far" so I feel pretty special. Only one more week left of med/surg/oncology and then it's off to the telemetry unit! My clinical director is also trying to find time for me to float to the Neuro ICU/tele unit. EXCITING!

Things are also falling into place as far as apartments go--I acquired a free futon from my aunt and uncle and silverware from grandma and grandpa (early birthday present), my parents are giving me the kitchen table sans the chairs and the big comfy green chair currently residing in our family room. All I will really need to buy is a new bed and a TV! I'm super stoked for October to arrive.

Furthermore, I rediscovered the wonder and beauty of Rubber Soul. That album changes lives.

I am now watching the democratic convention with my ultra-conservative-nearly-fascist father. We'll see how this goes.

I am NOT excited to go to work next week during the republican convention. Bless your hearts you protesters, go all the way. Just don't block my already limited route to the St. Joes parking ramp! Right on!

No comments: