Saturday, September 20, 2008

oh shnuggos...

T-minus 2 weeks until I have an apt! And T-minus like 17 days until I actually move in all the way. Wooters. I still need to do the following: buy a bed, buy a TV, set up my electric, research cable/internet deals, find a new bike, and go to Ikea to pretty much buy the whole store. I developed a budget, thus feeling more like a grown-up. Poopers to that. I'm missing WSU Homecoming. Poopers to the Nth degree. Work was interesting last night. Had my first drug-seeker patient....thought he could see right through me because I'm new but I could see right through him too. 1) He knew the classic textbook signs of heart attack chest pain 2) he refused nitroglycerin AND an EKG AND an angiogram. Sorry dude, looks like you're stuck again. Apparently he's taken the tour des hospitals around Les Villes. Funny. I also had someone try to convert me to being Baptist. I listened quietly while he recited bible verses about being saved and I couldn't help but get distracted in my brain by those scenes in O Brother Where Art Thou when Delmar says "I been redeemed" and Allison Krauss sings Down to the River to Pray. Some faithful follower I am. Believe in Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior! Believe in the Coen Brothers! Speaking of which, I saw some press media about their new endeavor and trying to find some old 60's shtuff around Les Villes. Neato. I shall leave this bloggerton with a pretty neato sky picture from Winoner earlier this week. Yay!









AND, a picture of my new neighbor/friend, one Seymour Batley.

No comments: