Tuesday, December 16, 2008

"Oh George, you didn't jump in the river, how sensible of you...."

Boy has this been a week for the books. Or maybe week and a half, I don't know. Now I'm pretty convinced that things happen in threes. Case in point:
Thing #1: I blow a fuse. That's right, a fuse. Half of my apartment went black when my refrigerator turned on. My pops didn't think any buildings even used fuses before. Fortunately Wal-Mart (fortunately?) believes otherwise and still carries 15 and 20 amp fuses. All I had to do was unscrew the broken fuse and screw in the new one! SO SIMPLE. I never would have guessed. Thing #1 is thus resolved.

Thing #2: My computer gets a virus. But not really....? A fake virus that did not in fact steal my identity and less than mediocre bank funds, but instead decided to fuck with all of my applications and just be annoying. So again, I called Daddy. Turns out Daddy had a friend at work that could either fix the "virus" or wipe out my hard drive...just like what WSU Tech Support would have done. So I bought an external hard drive and a new Nintendo game while I was at it and stored everything up. Needless to say, Thing #2 is resolved.

Thing #3: My car gets a flat tire. This event was more anticipated than the others as the tire has had what I like to call a tumor (from blunt trauma) for the past year or so. Thing #3 is not quite yet resolved, but hopefully tomorrow, as I need an oil change as well.

In other news, my cat is the most neato cat EVER. I leave the TV on for her enjoyment. Monday morning I forgot my name badge at home. I go back to get it and when I open the door I'm expecting to see Lucy waiting for me on the rug. On the contrary, she had already made herself comfortable on the futon and was watching television. WATCHING TELEVISION. She's the most awesome feline ever.

In still other news, HealthEast is getting closer and closer to joining all of the other healthcare organizations in the Twin Cities Metropolitan area in beginning to lay off its employees. Pretty sweet.....On the lighter side of things, I will likely get my requested vacation for New Years. Woo! That is all.

No comments: